Promotional videos have become an increasingly popular marketing tool for businesses of all sizes and industries. While they are most commonly associated with product-based businesses, promotional videos can also be highly effective for service-based businesses. In this post, we will explore the reasons why promotional videos can work for service-based businesses and provide tips for creating effective video content and how to market your video.
Promotional videos can help service-based businesses showcase their expertise and capabilities. For example, a law firm could create a video that highlights their experience and successes in a particular area of law, while a marketing agency could create a video that showcases their creative process and the results they have achieved for clients. By demonstrating your expertise and capabilities in an engaging way, your service-based business can differentiate itself from competitors and build trust with potential clients.
Here are 2 very different video examples from law firms, the first is a branding video with a brief to showcase the all-female, professional but sassy team. The second is a fun way of demonstrating knowledge and sets the company behind it as an authority in its field.
Another benefit of promotional videos for service-based businesses is that they can help to simplify complex or abstract concepts. For example, the below motional graphic promotional video for an Enterprise Technology business uses video to explain strategies in a way that is easy for clients to understand. By breaking down complex concepts into simple, visual explanations, service-based businesses can make their offerings more accessible and appealing to potential clients.
Promotional videos can also help service-based businesses to build a personal connection with potential clients. By featuring real people in videos, service-based businesses can humanise the brand and create an emotional connection with viewers. This is especially important for businesses that rely on relationships and trust to win clients. By showing the faces and personalities behind the business, service-based companies can establish a sense of familiarity and trust with potential clients.
In addition to these benefits, corporate promotional videos can also help service-based businesses to increase their reach and engagement on social media. Video content is highly shareable and tends to generate more engagement than other types of content. By creating videos that are entertaining, informative, or thought-provoking, service-based businesses can encourage viewers to share their content with their own networks, potentially reaching a much larger audience than they would through other marketing channels.
How can service-based businesses create effective promotional videos?
Here are 5 tips to get started:
- Focus on the benefits: When creating a promotional video, it’s important to focus on the benefits and point of difference that your service provides rather than simply listing its features. Think about what problems your service solves or what needs it fulfills for clients, and highlight those benefits in your video.
- Keep it concise: Attention spans are short, so it’s important to keep your promotional video concise and to the point, brevity is key. Aim for a length of 1-3 minutes, and use quality visuals/animations, and music to keep viewers engaged.
- Tell a story: People are more likely to remember information that is presented in the form of a story. Use your promotional video to tell a story about your business or how your service has helped a client overcome a challenge.
- Use real people: As mentioned earlier, using real people in your video can help to humanise your brand and establish a personal connection with viewers. Consider featuring employees, clients, or other people who have a connection to your business in your video.
- Optimise for social media: When creating your video, keep in mind that it will likely be shared on social media. Optimise your video for social media by including captions and creating a thumbnail that will catch viewers’ attention.
Marketing service-based promotional video.
Marketing a service business can be a challenging task, especially if you are just starting out…you need a video marketing strategy. Unlike a product-based business, you cannot physically display your product to customers. Instead, you have to rely on building relationships, trust, and credibility with your target audience. Below are 6 things to keep in mind and here is a list of 14 Ways to Market a Promotional Video.
- Define Your Target Audience: The first step to marketing your service business is to define your target audience. Who are your ideal customers? What are their needs and pain points? What solutions can you provide to them? The more you know about your target audience, the better you can tailor your marketing message to their specific needs.
- Build a Strong Brand Identity: A strong brand identity can help you stand out in a crowded marketplace. Your brand should represent who you are, what you stand for, and what makes you unique. It should also be consistent across all your marketing channels, including your website, social media, and other promotional materials. Make sure your video content uses your branded colours and fonts and logos.
- Use your website landing pages: In today’s digital age, having a website is crucial for any business. Your website should be professional, easy to navigate, and mobile-friendly. Your landing pages are your ‘money pages’ and creating page specific videos can be a game changer.
- Leverage social media: Social media is a powerful tool for reaching and engaging with your target audience. You can use platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your services, share industry news, and interact with your followers. Make sure to create a content calendar and post regularly to stay top of mind with your audience.
- Build an Email List: Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to nurture relationships with your customers and prospects. Incorporating video is a great way to send helpful tips, updates, and promotional offers.
- Use Testimonials and Case Studies videos: Testimonials and case studies are powerful social proof that can convince potential clients to choose your services over your competitors. You can also create case studies that showcase your expertise and the results you’ve delivered for your clients.
Here is an example of a service based testimonial video.
If you’re looking to have promotional video content made for your services, the specialist team here at Rockmans Creative Media will be happy to help. Please contact us by calling the number at the top of this page or via our contact page to discuss your project further.